what we should use pyside2 or pyqt5 for python gui

at first, I considered about what I should use for python GUI.
as a result, I found 2 options that are pyside2 and pyqt5.

they are same framework in terms of that both of them are wrapping QT5.
but there is also something different.

about license, pyqt5 is licensed for GPLv3. and pyside2 is licensed for LGPL.
LGPL is more free to distribute your application. so I think pyside2 is better than pyqt5 about license. if you need more detail, please search for them in google.

user documentation is also very important. about this, pyqt5 is better. because there are so many information of pyqt5 in google. but pyside2 information is not much in google. but, Qt official site is providing the tutorial and example. so, I think it will be enough.

in summary, I decided to use pyside2 for the future. I would make some utility application using this. something like work automation tool.

I will learn it from Qt official site. and I will share my study in this blog.

it's time to dig it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

making menubar and menu on QML

let's start QML programming with PySide2

QSizePolicy Fixed example in pyside2